Friday, August 8, 2014

Friday 8th August


This evening, the house is quiet, still, motionless.  A complete stillness - like water standing. Awaiting.  A moment. A ripple.   For us here on the lagoon - one awaits a skier to disturb the waters.  It does not happen.  Let it be quiet. 

Puppies are worn out resting at  Johnny's feet whilst he rests.   Dragonfly our Main Coon has not left Johnny's side since 3rd July.  He is talkative and head-butts Johnny with the odd gentle love-bite.  Whereas the other cat, Jellyfish, will swipe him any time he can.    It is true, animals sense, feel and smell.  They are insightful.   We, as humans just don't realize or recognize it enough.   The only movement I feel is our American Flag fluttering in this evening sunset's breeze.

All this week Johnny has looked great and energized.  But, a long day today - end of the week, he looks exhausted.   I panic when I see him, white as a ghost, thinking "god I hope the sun is out tomorrow, I need to get him a little glow-tan".   

Next Tuesday is our long day of chemo, hah, reminds me I must ask that nurse for a more suitable designer portable chemo take-away bag - this blue thing is beginning to bug  me - it needs a logo of some kind or stripes of kind.

This evening, my heart is in pain, my eyes are full with endless tears.  Everyday, one awakens to a new dawn and hopes the chemo has shrunk his tumor, those cancer cells just that little bit more, and are disintegrating into dust, whilst his body is being fueled with good food and he has the strength to  fight emotionally and mentally to challenge this horrible sickness.


Below is Johnny at his finest  - smiles and laughter all round.
I love you dearly, darling Mr BooBoo!!

Johnny @ Sams Cafe - Tiburon - Happy Happy Days 





No comments: