Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Message from the Hutchinsons - Our Scouser's from Liverpool

Dearest Johnny
This note to you is a "long LONG" time overdue, the truth is; I've never known what to say. I didn't want to say the wrong thing, put the proverbial foot in the mouth! I always wanted to have the right words of comfort and say something to make you smile. The fact is, not a day or week has gone by were you and Michelle have not crossed our minds.
This last year; I just cannot imagine what you have both gone through, I only know from the raw, heartfelt updates on the blog from Michelle (and Lee) what an emotional journey it has been thus far.
You both have AMAZING strength, fighting spirit, courage and such love for one another.
I'm sad that we lost touch with you guys after having Molly and Lucy. Having 2 young children after waiting what seemed like an eternity consumed our lives (especially being 'old' parents!!! That 'get up and go' - got up and went!!!) But I'm so happy that we got to spend so much time with you both on the many occasions we got together.

The boat cruises, countless dinners, cocktails, parties!!!

We know you have a huge network of friends and family, with much love and outpouring support and realize that it's never an imposition; No matter the time or distance, to reach out and reconnect. So PLEASE know that we love you Soooo much - You are always in our hearts and that we are here for you; and will always be here for Michelle in any way possible. All our love and prayers are with you both.



I remember kayking with you guys on one of my birthdays and picnicking at the Russian River. 
Talking of watersports - I remember how patient you were trying to teach Graham and I to waterski out on the lagoon. Try, Try, TRY as I might, I just couldn't do it! Almost.... but not quite! Graham couldn't get up either - but that's another story! I remember the afternoon parties - lazing on the lagoon on the big "floaty thingamajig" - and also the time we cruised with our past puggies - life jackets 'n' all! .... And bringing our girls over - maybe that was the first time you met Lil Lucy?! You have always been so welcoming, warm and friendly and both of you - amazing, fun and loving with the little kiddies!
Talking about first time meetings - I'll never forget your pint sized love with a personality bigger than anyone I've met!!!! - yelling across the Greenbrae parking lot to us after spotting the GB sticker on our car - funnily enough not even put there by us but the previous Russian owner?!?! Anyway! That was the beginning of our friendship - the first meeting with you at your lovely home to watch the World Cup Final!
We have such happy memories of so , SO many events with you both.
I know it's harder NOT reaching out and NOT saying anything, than not knowing what the 'RIGHT' thing to say is?
Hutchinson Family


No comments: